- BSL-2 laboratory and preparation space : 4,000 ft2
- BSL-3 : 4 suites: 3,600 ft2
- ABSL-3 :7 animal housing rooms: 10,000 ft2ABSL-3: 2 procedure rooms
- ABSL-3 : aerobiology suite
- ABSL-3 : tissue processing room
- 24/7 exterior security from ANL
- Video surveillance – 60+ CCTV
- Biometric and PIN access
The HTRL facilities are designed to meet or exceed requirements outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) specifications for biocontainment. The HTRL is also certified by CDC as part of the Select Agent Program.
Argonne National Laboratory
The HTRL is stationed at Argonne National Laboratory, whose mission is to apply a unique mix of world-class science, engineering and user facilities to deliver innovative research and technologies. The ANL creates new knowledge that addresses the most important scientific and societal needs of our nation.
Advantages of the HTRL being located at Argonne National Laboratory, include:
- Access to ANL is highly secure and requires Federal approval
Specialized resources for experimental collaborations, such as:
- DNA sequencing